This policy details our practices for the gathering, protection and handling of personal and sensitive information relating to our members, employees, customers and other stakeholders. The Institute of Foresters of Australia (IFA) respects the privacy rights of individuals and voluntarily seeks to only collect and store personal information in a manner consistent with the National Privacy Principles. At IFA we aim to provide you with the best possible service and in doing so we are committed to protecting your privacy and security of personal information. Please read on for more details about our privacy & security policies.
The IFA currently collects and stores information on its members, employees, contractors, subscribers, customers and other stakeholders. It acknowledges that providing personal information is an act of trust and unless you give direct consent to do otherwise, IFA will only collect and use your personal information as set out below. The only personal information the IFA collects is what you tell us about yourself and how you use our website, for example applying for membership or registering for an event or subscription service. The advantage of giving this information is that it allows the IFA to better respond to your service needs and personal interests. Any further collection of your personal information, other than that explained below, will only occur with your consent either implied or expressed. Depending on the nature of the relationship with IFA (member, business, employee, etc) this information may include:
- Information relating to home, work or other address, phone and fax numbers, email and web addresses.
- Personal information such as gender, date of birth, educational qualification, employer and employment position.
- Personal information related to members professional achievements.
- Personal contact information for authors submitting material for publication in IFA publications.
- For employees - information documenting tax file numbers, letters of appointment and employment contract, work history, bank account details, salary records and leave taken or accrued.
- Membership and other relationship details including a history of orders, registrations, attendance and transactions, and for some customers/contractors with ongoing business relationships, credit card and bank account details.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that contact.
The above information is collected for the primary purpose of effectively servicing the relationship established between IFA and the individual or organisation. At all times, IFA strives to ensure that the collection and storage of such information is fair, lawful and un-intrusive. The IFA will use this information in accordance with the general intent of the original purposes for which the information was provided. For members these purposes include all activities consistent with the organisation’s mission and constitutional objectives, including operational management by the Board, Divisional Committees, Branches and Editorial Committees. The IFA has a policy of not selling or disclosing this information outside of the IFA organisational structure. The IFA is required to hold this information to meet its obligations under relevant legislation, ensuring OH&S welfare of employees, allowing appropriate insurance and ultimately delivering meaningful, efficient and cost effective services to members and customers.
If for any reason you are not completely satisfied with your Institute of Foresters of Australia (IFA) membership subscription, we will give you a 30 day money-back guarantee from the time you join the IFA. Please email us at within that time if you are not satisfied with your membership so that we may resolve any issues associated with your membership. We value your membership and are focused on providing excellent membership services.