IFA offers membership in one of the following six categories:
- Voting Member
- IFA Young Professional and/ or Part-time Students Membership
- Over 65 & Retired
- IFA Full-time Student Membership
- Overseas Member
Membership is open to all persons who work in forestry, and not just professional foresters. Practitioners engaged in nature conservation, resource and land management, research, administration and education are welcome as members.
You are eligible for Voting membership if you:
1. hold a tertiary degree qualification in forestry together with at least two years appropriate forest management or forest science experience and can demonstrate knowledge of and/or skills in the core subjects of Australian forestry
2. hold any other tertiary qualification or other relevant experience together with at least four years appropriate forest management or forest science experience and can demonstrate knowledge of and/or skills in the core subjects of Australian forestry.
3. hold forestry qualifications of Diploma, Associate Diploma and Certificate IV and have the following minimal experience in forest management or forest science:
|Qualification||Minimum years experience|
|Associate Diploma||8 years|
|Certificate IV||10 years|
You are eligible for Associate membership if you are interested in the objects of the Institute and do not meet the criteria for Voting membership.
A member is eligible for a heavily discounted Young Professional rate if they are a part-time student of any Australian University or tertiary institution, or for the first five years following graduation from his/her first forest related studies (Environmental science, Environmental management, Forestry, etc).
You are eligible for student membership if you are a full-time student attending forest related studies (Environmental science, Environmental management, Forestry,etc.) at any Australian University or tertiary institution. Please note this concession is only available for one degree in forest related studies.
You are eligible for an overseas subscription if you are a citizen of and reside in a country other than Australia.
Members are welcome to join at any time of the year. Half fees apply for half year or less.
Current annual subscription fees (includes GST) for 2019-20 are:
|IFA Membership||Price (AUD)|
|IFA Young Professional and/ or Part-time Students Membership
|IFA Over 65 and Retired Membership