Become a Registered Forestry Professional
Download an RPF application form here.
Information for Applicants
Any Voting Member of the Institute of Foresters of Australia may apply for registration as a Registered Professional Forester. Registrants are entitled to use the designation Registered Professional Forester and the post-nominal RPF.
The Registered Professional Forester scheme allows applicants to define and nominate the area/s of skills/expertise in which they seek recognition. Registrants each receive a Certificate identifying the approved area/s of skills/expertise.
Overview of requirements
Applications are invited from those who:
- Are eligible for membership of the IFA at Voting Member level
- Agree to abide by IFA Code of Ethics
- Have 5 years relevant professional experience which includes at least 2 years relevant experience in Australia
- Provide details sufficiently substantiating their recognition at one of the following recognised categories: General Practicing Forester ; General Practising Forester with recognised skills; or Specialist in a particular subject. The last category recognises those who are not Foresters but who work in an area of forestry eg: ecology, fire, water catchment, research, academia, etc.
- Undertake (after approval) to complete at least 30 hours Continuing Professional Development each year
- Hold Professional Indemnity Insurance or where relevant, can provide a statement of cover or indemnity by employer (required only if employed and practicing in external consultancy).
Download the detailed program rules for more information on eligibility criteria and CPD requirements for each RPF category.
All applications are assessed by the RPF Registration Committee.
Annual Fee Payable on application:
Annual renewal fee
AU$ 33.00 - Members
AU$ 108.00 - Non-members