Forestworks training resource development project All done!
in ealry 2014 the Institute partnered with Forestworks to develop 7 resources to support units of competency from the Advanced Diploma of Forest Industry Sustainability as follows:
- Implement sustainable forestry practices addresses FPICOT5201B
- Manage tree harvesting to minimise environmental impact addresses FPICOT5209B
- Undertake carbon stock sampling of forests and plantations addresses FPIFGM5219
- Manage sustainable tree inventory addresses FPIFGM6203
- Promote plantations as a sustainable form of land use addresses FPIFGM5217A
- Build and maintain community relationships addresses FPICOT5208B
- Assessment Framework to assess competence against FPICOR6201A Manage sustainability in the workplace.
Each resource was developed to support learning against a specific Unit of Competence andwritten so that it can be used as a stand-alone resource for other purposes. As these are Australian Qualifications Framework Level 5 and 6 materials they assume a certain level of numeracy and literacy.
The resources are freely available on the Forestworks website at http://www.forestworks.com.au/skills-standards/resources/find-a-resource.