Submissions for Australian Forestry
Submissions for Australian Forestry
Submissions to the journal are invited covering any aspect of forest science and forest management that meets the following scope.
Correspondence should be addressed to the Managing Editor, Dr Gordon Duff: email@example.com
Aims and scope
Australian Forestry publishes new and significant scientific and technical papers, topic reviews, suitably argued opinions, short communications and book reviews on topics related to forest research, management, policy, products and services. It seeks contributions relating to forest management at scales from industrial forestry to agro-forestry and urban forestry and across tenures from wood production to conservation. Emphasis is placed on strengthening its role as a major publishing outlet in the Asia-Pacific with a special interest in papers relating to the knowledge, management and use of Australian forest species globally.
Acceptance of manuscripts
The Editorial Panel evaluates the suitability of material for publication. Referees nominated by the Panel will review all papers submitted.
Criteria for the assessment of papers centre on the suitability of the topic for publication in Australian Forestry, technical and scientific quality of the work, clarity and conciseness of presentation, appropriateness of the conclusions on the basis of the evidence presented, and suitability of the material for printing.
Manuscript submissions must be made via Editorial Manager, the publisher's online submission system. Please note, first-time users will be required to register. Please read the "Instructions for Authors" before submitting your paper using the portal.
Guest editorials and opinion pieces
Whilst Australian Forestry is primarily a research journal, it also provides a forum to raise awareness of forestry issues of a more general nature through editorials or opinion pieces. Such contributions are generally about two or three pages in length and present a personal, or group, viewpoint on a current topic in a logical, well-considered and balanced way.
The Editorial Panel may decide on appropriate themes and invite potential authors for editorials and opinion pieces, or accept nominations for these.
Features of publishing in Australian Forestry
The IFA prides itself on the quality of Australian Forestry, as well as the service it provides to the broad forestry community through its partnership with Taylor & Francis. We want to recognise the efforts of those who write for our journal, and authors have the right to expect:
- No publication delays with online publication ahead of print
- A high-quality journal (Impact Factor of 0.56)
- Free and unlimited supplementary data including graphical abstracts (https://vimeo.com/81715216) and data files
- Easily accessible with dissemination of your article to libraries globally
- Independent, professional and impartial refereeing
- Experienced copyediting and professional and attentive typesetting
- The opportunity to check and correct proofs of your work
- An electronic version of your article with provision of 50 free eprints for distribution to your colleagues
- Preferential rates for the purchase of additional copies of the hard copy of the journal
- Flexible article reuse rights, including the right to post the Author Accepted version of your article on your personal/institutional webpage immediately upon publication in the Journal
- Protection against infringement of copyright and your moral rights in both print and electronic formats (covering all legal costs and administration involved in any copyright infringement claims).
- International promotion of the journal through electronic and traditional marketing
- An enhanced electronic version of your article containing active reference-links on the journal web page, with free access to this by subscribing institutions and available for purchase by non-subscribers
- Access to a personalised Taylor & Francis Author Services Account which enables you to share your article via social media and check the download and citation activity for your article
- Courteous, professional and efficient handling of your work and queries by Taylor & Francis and Australian Forestry editorial staff.
Australian Forestry is printed on FSC-accredited stock.